THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 14, 2007

Prayer Request

Okay, so for Mother's Day, my son surprised me and bought a spot in the local newspaper. I figured that I wouldn't hear from him at all, so it was a major surprise. I squalled like a baby.

I talked to him yesterday and again today. He's been in some trouble at school in OH and is now taking correspondence classes to finish up his Junior year of high school. When he lived here, he did a lot better in school - never got into trouble, never missed a day, basically lived a life that was pretty calm and structured (for a teenager). I've regretted not trying to keep him here ever since it became obvious that he wasn't coming back, because when he went back to OH, he went back to chaos.

Today, I put the bug into his ear that maybe he should come back here to do his senior year. I explained the importance of a diploma -vs- not having one, and reminded him that when he was here, life was a lot simpler for him.

I've prayed that if be God's plan to have him come back, that the opportunity present itself to bring him back voluntarily and not as a last ditch effort to keep him out of serious trouble. I think it has, and I think I presented the suggestion to him rationally and in a way that he'll at least think about it.

Now the prayer is that he be intelligent enough to pick up on the chance that he has and take it. My mother has pretty much given up on him, written him off as a bad egg that will never change. I can't do that. I see what she sees and understand where she's coming from, but I also have conversations with him like I did today, where I saw the intelligent person inside him, just waiting for the chance to come out.

So, if you would, please pray for this situation, that he and I both follow God's will humbly and gracefully, whatever that may be.

I am reminded again of how blessed I am by the man I have for a husband. I was talking to him about this and I have his full support. Not many men would be willing to step up to parent a trouble boy that isn't even their own.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Praying, praying, praying!!

1dreamr said...

You're all in my prayers, also...