I've decided to add labels to my posts. It'll make it a lot easier for me to find my own blasted recipes, 'cause chances are that I've not saved them *anywhere* else. I've gone through and labeled some of the old ones, but haven't made it through all of them just yet.
It's official - my parents are retiring this fall. Mom is eligible in September, Dad can follow her in October. They're getting their house ready to sell and will put it on the market sometime in the next few months.
If it sells as fast as their previous house did, they're going to be living in their travel trailer with their cat and little dog for awhile before they can move to their retirement land. Of course, if they sell their house quickly, that will be that much sooner they can begin building the house on the retirement land that they want to build.
The house I lived in when I was going to high school was in the same little town. 20 years ago, Mom decided to put it on the market for an outrageously high price, just to test the waters, so to speak. The stinkin' thing sold in a week - somebody came along and made them an offer they couldn't refuse. We had 30 days to find another house (the one they're in now), buy it, and move. Dad has added a *lot* of woodwork to the place - built in book cases, parquet flooring, hardwood flooring, shelves, all kinds of beautiful woodwork. It can only help, right? :o)
Thursday, May 01, 2008
OK, Labels have Arrived...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
AH HA! I always wondered why you moved so quickly back then! :o)
Hurray for mom & dad!!
Post a Comment