Howdy all. This is my first post, and I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to write about. I guess I should start with a little bit about myself.
I'm happily married, have been for 2-1/2 wonderful years. He's my best friend. We met through the Internet on a mailing list for people who ride old Honda motorcycles. We both had the same type. When I came through his part of the county on a solo trip, he chased me down to introduce himself and say hello. It's a long story that should probably wait for it's own post, but it's very romantic. At least, I think it is. :o)
We're both really involved with our church. I publish the church bulletin every week and am the secretary/treasuer of our women's missions group. He's a trustee. This past year, we were asked to direct the vacation Bible school. That was a great challenge, and we really enjoyed it. We've been asked to direct next year's too, so I'm sure that you'll hear more about that as time rolls on.
I have 2 great kids. One is a step-son from a previous marriage. He's 16 and lives in Ohio. He live with us for about a year when he was 15. I miss having him close.
The other kid is my step-daughter from this marriage. She's married and has just had her first baby a few months ago. We have a grand-daughter to spoil! Life is wonderful.
I work for a plastic injection molding plant as a production planner and purchasing agent. I should mention that it's a really small plant, with only 3 people in the office at the moment. I actually wear a few more hats than this, but those are the main 2.
My husband and I are working on our retirement dream. Okay, maybe it isn't retirement yet, but it will be, one of these days... We're building a campground for motorcyclists. The hope is that eventually we will both be able to quit our jobs and run the campground. When it really gets off the ground and running, we should be able to hire somebody to watch it for us so we can ride away for a few days every now and then. That's the hope, anyway. We'll see what reality brings.
I guess that's just about everything right now. I'm sure I'll come up with some more stuff in the future. Until then, what exactly do people blog about, anyway?
Monday, October 16, 2006
First post
Posted by Lori at 9:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yaaaaaaayyyyyy!! :)
I can't believe your step-son is 16.... wow. That just doesn't seem possible!!
Blog about anything - I don't think there are any rules for this!
oh good first post!
Blog about LIFE girl. What your heart sings about, shouts about, blog about how you HATE cheerleaders!
Get a xanga blog just fer, and I'll add you to my protected posts so you can read it all.
Love ya!
Me
Post a Comment