THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES �

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

You have to wonder...

...how some people made it to adulthood. And then I have to wonder how I end up working for them. That's all I'll say about that.


On another note....
My in-laws left to go west yesterday. That in and of itself is not much news. But, when you consider that they're going on a 2 week hunting trip to chase pheasants and you consider they're both in their mid 70's... that's pretty amazing. I hope to be even half as active as they are when I'm that old, providing I live that long. It's only another 40 years, and the first 36 have gone by pretty quick.

They still farm 100 acres or so, have his-n-hers tractors, keep cattle and 6 or 7 horses. The cattle are raised to sell to cover their annual pheasant hunting trip. Good eatin' beef, too. All natural, no drugs or steriods. Just happy cows eating good ol' pasture grass and hay that my in-laws have put up.

They'll load the horses up and take them into the mountains for trail rides whenever their schedule lets them. They also go on at least 2 multi-day trail rides a year - one from Tellico Plains over into NC, and the other one is a week long ride in Florida. Their horse trailer has a small camper in the front half that they stay in.

The really good news for me is that my husband is following right in their footsteps. He won't sit still for a moment before he's planning his next activity. I really do think that faith and staying active keep you young. Barring unforseen circumstances, he'll be with me for a good long time. I like it like that. :o)

And another note...
I heard from my kid last night. He gets off work Saturday evening. Looks like we'll be doing something when I go visit. :o)

Thankfulness
I read on the blog of a friend that we should always find something every day to be thankful about and write it down, no matter how small it is. Sounds like a good idea, so here goes...

I'm thankful for the life that I have lived that has brought me to where I am now. I know that everything I have gone through before now has prepared me for what I will face today and tomorrow. I am thankful to have had the opportunity to grow in maturity and spirituality to reach where I am today. Thank you Lord for letting me make mistakes, learn from them, and then using them to lead me here.

0 comments: