Here's a couple quilts I finished before the holidays and am just now getting around to posting pictures of. The first one is for a couple at church for their baby:
The yellow fabric is called "Jesus and Me" and came from Walmart. I thought it was pretty appropriate for a quilt for a couple at church.
This one was pretty neat - I made quilt strips 6" wide and 42" - 7 white ones and 7 from the colored fabric. Then I wove them together to make a checkerboard pattern and quilted them together. On one side of the quilt, I sewed a big button at each intersection. Then I bound the whole thing with a bright orange binding.
This next one is for my niece's new daughter, Kennedy. I drew Kennedy's name in the family Christmas exchange. When I asked her grandmother what kind of theme or what have you they were using to decorate Kennedy's room in, she said "Pink John Deere camoflage". I kid you not. I found the fabric at WalMart and bought the last bit of it that they had.

I tacked this one as I was running out of time. I used a dark brown embroidery floss to tack it with, all 6 strands of thread. Kennedy couldn't have cared less, but my niece like it a lot.

2 comments:
LOVE the pink and brown JD quilt!! Too cute!!
Post a Comment