THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES �

Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Pirate Turns 60

Dad’s 60th birthday was today. Jack and I called him and sang “Happy Birthday” to him. He said “Wait!” and put us on speaker phone, so everyone else in Ohio could sing with us, too. I told him that I would have called earlier, but I wanted to wait for Jack to be there too, so we could both sing to him together. He said “I appreciate that. I wouldn’t want to hear Jack sing a solo…” Gotta’ love my dad. :o)

He gets his staples out this upcoming week. He says the shrink sock he got last week seems to egg on the phantom pain, but thinks some of it may be from the staples. We’ll find out next week, I guess. It looks like he’ll be measured for the prosthesis itself sometime during the first part of September. I know Mom is looking forward to next weekend, when they’ll go to West Virginia to check on their retirement land. They’ve been working on getting it ready to build a house on. Dad’s been talking to landscaping contractors this past week. A positive thing, I believe. :o)

1 comments:

Ruth said...

YAY!! Happy Birthday, Dad!!

I think he should get flames painted up the sides of the prosthetic that he eventually gets!