THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES �

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Update on Dad, from Dad

My Dad has taken over sending out the updates that I sent while he was in the hospital. He is quite the nut, which is a wonderful thing to see. He's looking really good. Here's the latest from him:


Mark's Sporatic Condition Report 30 Aug 07

It has not been all that long since the last report, but a couple things have happened. The staples came out of the wound. In the clinical sense, the surgeon was very happy what he saw. At the personal level, I was just relieved to have them out. There is still a lot of soreness in the wound area, but not nearly as bad as when the staples were in.

The guy from the artificial limb store was there and took some measurements. From them he can begin work on the part that fits onto my leg.

I realize that this little condition report revolves around me, since I am the patient here. There are those that have secretly formed a cult, or at least an enthusiastic following, of the parrot. Photos of the parrot (and of me) have been requested, so here they are:

This should handle the news for a while. Evereryone take care and have a safe holiday.

Mark

Mark E. Young, Jr.
MSgt, USAF (RET)
Member IPMS/USA
Dayton Area Plastic Modelers Society

KC-135A - built when Man thought He Could Burn Water

4 comments:

Crunchy said...

I am so glad to see he is back to his usual self. You know-your folks made quite the impression on my darling. He still talks about your Dad's models.
Tell them both we send our love and continued prayers.

Has that cd arrived yet??!!

1dreamr said...

Excellent news!

Lori said...

I think his models make an impression on everybody that sees his "Me Room". He says "Most men have a 'Me Wall' somewhere in their house, somewhere to display their awards, certificates and other symbols of their hobbies and interests. I have a 'Me Room'." :o)

When the occupational therapist was there to evaluate Dad, he was showing her around the house. We got stopped in the 'Me Room', talking about everything that was in it, for a good 20-30 minutes. She was amazed at the models, too, especially when we pointed to the pictures on the walls of the one in the Smithsonian and the Pentagon.

Ruth said...

Wait... do I see bird poop on his shoulder? (just kidding)

I still think he should have flames painted up the side of the artifical leg when he gets it. :o)