Good news from the doctor last week - apparently whatever I'm doing is working well with the medications. My cholesterol was 163 and my sugar is stabilized at a decent 120 in the mornings. I can do better with that, but it's definately preferable to the 200 it had been running.
And what exactly am I doing? Well, nothing out of the ordinary. I doubt that I'll ever go all natural or anthing like that, but I stopped buying foods that have hydrogenized oils in them - margarines, shortenings, and most peanut butters - and have tried within reason to stick to the outer edges of the grocery store when shopping, where the fresh foods are and stay away from processed foods.
I've been trying to concentrate more on veggies than bread and potatoes, chose whole grain instead of processed, and I've been having quite a bit of success with almond flour in baking. I haven't quite mastered almond flour in bicuits, but I learn a little bit more every time I try. I've come up with a delicious corn bread recipe that uses half cornmeal and half almond flour, so it's only half as bad for me from a sugar standpoint. Yay! I can have soupbeans again!
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awesome!!
Good news on those numbers! Way to go!
Post a Comment