I woke up unbelievably early the other morning. To top it off, I was alert and ready to start the day right out of bed. That doesn't happen often. I can't even begin to empasize how much of a morning person I am not.
Some folks may think this is weird, but I was awakened by a thought, a task that God has given to me to do. When God gets your attention focused on something as sharply as mine was when I woke up that morning, you'd better pay attention and do it. Otherwise, you won't know a moment of peace until you do. I've learned it's much better to just get up and take care of whatever it is and be happy about it.
Anyway, the task is simple - collect the addresses of local military service members who are serving away from home this Christmas and send them a card to let them know that we appreciate them. It also hit me that I was to share this with our church. There's no sense in not sharing this blessing. I was given an impression of a flyer to post in local businesses, how it should, what it should say, and how to go about creating. I got right to work on that and had it finished within an hour, graphics and all. (BTW, my recent discovery of digital scrapbooking played a wonderful role in this. Thanks Ruth!)
I talked to the church tonight, and everyone there says to go for it, so there you have it. I'll need to go get some more toner for the printer before I can print any more flyers (I just did 1 to take to church with me tonight), then I'll go to the local businesses to see about posting them for a couple of weeks. Some folks at church asked if they could get some flyers to post at their workplace, too, so hopefully we'll get a lot of response to it.
Here's a peek at the flyer, with some of my contact info removed. For some strange reason, I really don't want to publish my personal phone number across the internet.... :o)
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Operation Christmas Cheer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Digi scrapping can be fun. You can even make some scrapbooks online @ www.ScrapbookGenerator.com.
Go you! That's awesome!
Post a Comment