THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES �

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Yummy new breakfast recipe to try

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

Ingredients:
2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
4 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup Splenda, or substitute an appropriate amount of any other sweetener
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
spices to taste - cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, apple pie spice, none at all... whatever floats your boat


Directions:
In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients until smooth. Chill overnight or at least 1 hour. Prepare like regular pancakes



Now, don't let the ingredients scare you off - these things are amazing! I made them last week for Sunday morning breakfast, but I made sure I had some regular pancake mix on hand just in case. I didn't need it. You can't tell they have cottage cheese in them. The pancakes themselves have very few carbs in them if you use a sugar substitute, so I was able to eat them without spiking my sugar. Woohoo!!!! And the added calcium is always good, right? Especially if you're like me and don't drink milk to save your life.

Anyway, the pancakes were good enought that when I started mixing them up tonight for breakfast tomorrow, Jack said "Oh boy!". :o) I think he likes them...

I found the recipe on a really cool website called http://www.sparkpeople.com/. It is a free community for people trying to lose weight, maintain weight, gain weight, whatever they need to do, though diet, exercise, and support groups. The site offers registered users a nutritonal tracker and customizable meal planner, an activity tracker, a fitness planner that you can customize, billions of support groups for just about every kind of need and weight goal you can think of (well, maybe not billions, but there's a lot), and loads of articles, videos of suggested exercises, and recipes out the wazoo.

Check out the site, and if you sign up and get asked for who sent you, tell them TNLori did.

1 comments:

Ruth said...

Yummy - I'm going to have to try these this weekend!!