My parents came down this weekend and stayed in their camper at the KOA. Some friends of theirs were already in Knoxville, at a campground up there, then came to visit us. Mom & Dad met them.
We all went to the flea market today. Mom picked out my new little brother.
Meet my Mom and Wiley.
Wiley is Mom's birthday/retirement gift to herself. He's 12 weeks old and shouldn't get any bigger tan 4 or 5 pounds. He already has Mom wrapped around his little paw.
My sister had sent Mom a picture message, showing her an apple pie sitting on my mother's stovetop, with a piece missing out of it, and the caption "Mmmmmm....". I took the picture above and sent it to her, saying "We'll see your apple pie and raise you a Yorkie."
She answered "AW CRAP! Not authorized! 1 Ralph, 1 Sam (referring to the Yorkie and Burmese cat that mom already has), the roster is empty, no names left." The critters Mom already has are neamed after a Bugs Bunny cartoon, where the wolf and the sheepdog are clocking in to start their day, and they're saying "Mornin', Ralph", 'Mornin's Sam" to each other. My first thought when reading my sister's comment about the name was 'Wiley E. Coyote, Supergenius'. I showed the message to Dad - he says "Wiley". I showed the message to Mom. She says "Wiley". So I sent a single word back to mys sister - "Wiley". Her reply? "That's exactly what I thought, too." Man, it's scary when a family is on the same wavelegth like that!
Wiley won't be ready to leave the breeder's place for another week or two, but when he does, Sam, the other Yorkie, is in for a major shock to his little world. :o)
Sunday, September 07, 2008
My New Little Brother
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment