Yes, I do still exist. I am not a figment of somebody's imagination. If I were, I'd have to smack said somebody for not makeing me thinner, but that's another story...
Do you have any idea how much water a basement can hold? Danny went downstairs to the laundry area yesterday and came running back up - "MOM!!!!!! THE BASEMENT IS FLOODING!!!!!". Yup. Sure did. At least 2" of water throughout the basement. Found out it's pretty level, too. And was there a drain in the basement? Of couse not! But that's a whole other story about the idiot house builder and is certain to bring a growl from Jack, so we'll just leave that one alone, shall we?
Thank God, it is a walk-out basement. So, Jack, Danny, and I spent most of yesterday afternoon sweeping water out the door. Jack went hi-tech on us and got the shop vac and sucked it up on his side while Danny and I grabbed brooms and shooed water for hours. I managed to get a piece of glass in my foot, and later I was the only one to actually fall. Landed on my butt in a half inch of cold water. Grrr.....
And everything we had that was on the floor is soaked. We have most of the water dried out, but now we have boxes and boxes of stuff that is just flat out soaked. And we're both horrible packrats, which certainly dosn't help. I'm going to start going through things today. If it's mine, and I haven't used it since we got married, and it doesn't have any great sentimental value to it, it's outta' here. Not exactly how I'd planned on spending my day, but it's gotta' be done.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Coming up for air... literally...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Aww, sorry to hear about the water. Sounds like a real mess. Hang in there. *Hug*
Post a Comment