I think I broke my tailbone when I fell in the basement last week. If I didn't break it, I at least ticked it off really really well...
The basement is just about cleaned out, by the way. At least, the soggy stuff is. We really do need to go through what's left and decide what we should keep, give away, yard sale, or what have you. We have some very disorganized shelves that sailed right through the flood, and there was some stuff that was a layer or two up on the stack that never got wet. What we decide to keep, we probably should store in *plastic* boxes if they're going to be setting on the floor, eh?
Went and got my hair colored yesterday. First time in forever I've had it professionally done, and I must say, I like the results. A somewhat different look for me, but not too outrageous - think dark red, with lighter red highlights. It looks dark brown in dim light, but walk out in the sun, and wow, it lights up. It was torture to sit still for so long, though - the tailbone was making it's displeasure quite obvious.
I've started reading a book by Beth Moore call "To Live is Christ". It's the story of the apostle Paul's life, from his probable upbringing (based on Jewish traditions and customs of the time) through his ministry for Christ. So far, I've read about his childhood and early adult life. I never realized how steeped in tradition and ritual the Jewish faith is. Wow. I can see where it would be sooo easy to fall into a rut of just going through the motions and forget that it's all supposed to be based on love of God. Not just those who follow the Jewish faith, but any faith. It's given me something to think about in relation to my own walk with Christ already. I don't want to be doing things just because it's expected of me by the people around me - I want to serve Christ because I love Him, and out of that love should come service. So deeper into the book I will go...
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Tailbones and stuff
Posted by Lori at 10:20 AM
Labels: Life, Spirtuality
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment