I talked to Denise, the woman who asked me to work with the developing domestic violence shelter. It will be called The Branches of Monroe County, after the Bible verse in which Jesus says "I am the vine, you are the branches" (John, 15:5).
I'm going to serve on the board of directors. Our first meeting will be this Saturday, where I expect that I'll be voted in as the secretary/treasurer because that's one of my strengths. I've also volunteered to develop a website for the organization and have researched available urls. We'll probably vote on that Saturday, too, along with starting to develop the official mission statement and all of the fun things needed to qualify as a non-profit organization. I'm getting into uncharted territory for me here, so this will be an adventure.
Thursday, December 04, 2008
The Branches of Monroe County
Posted by Lori at 1:31 AM
Labels: Women's Shelter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This is great, Lori! Look forward to hearing more.
Hurrah! You will be wonderful, I have no doubt!
Post a Comment