THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Close call...

Wow, had a really close call at work today. I hardly spend any time at the office, anyway, so it's kind of odd that this would happen on the day that I come in.

Somebody dropped off a kitten. Not just any kitten. He looks like he's a blue-point Hymalayan. He's about 5 or 6 weeks old, and he loves to snuggle up just under your chin and purr very loudly. And he's got the sweetest little mew. He reminds me so much of the fluffy grey cat when he was a baby.

I kept telling myself that I do *not* need another animal. I do *not* need another cat, specifically. My geriatric matriarch of a cat wouldn't tolerate him very well. My youngest cat is paranoid enough without upsetting the balance of power in the household, which introducing a new creature into it most certainly would do.

Still, he was hard to resist.




Gotta' love my camera phone!


In the end, the production manager took him home for his mother. He'd told her about him during lunch. She lives alone and wanted the company, and will spoil him mercilessly, just as he deserves. Still, it was a close call...






And while I'm sharing pictures of the fuzzy beasts, the fluffy grey one was helping me with my most recent crochet project last night.


He's working really hard, guarding this ball of yarn. It was the safest ball of yarn in the house last night. :o)

0 comments: