THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES �

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

See, on old dog can remember old tricks!

Just about scared myself this evening. I was fooling around with the flute I bought a while back tonight. I found some easy hymns and stuff for the flute and was practicing, wishing I'd had the foresight to buy the piano parts at the same time (duh!), when I rememberd the first few notes of my high school alma mater. I also remembered one of my best friends from high school comparing it to a C scale. Next thing I know, I'd picked out the entire melody and played it from start to finish.

I hadn't even thought of that music in almost 20 years. Yes, I realize I'm telling my age, but we're all friends here, right? :o) Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool that I could remember it after all this time.

Now, if I could just find the piano parts and get up the guts......

3 comments:

1dreamr said...

Heh... I played to flute, too. A million years ago! :-)

A

1dreamr said...

...er... played THE flute, that is.

Ruth said...

It is pretty much like riding a bicycle.... or motorcycle? Ease back into the really high notes, though. Otherwise, your ears will pop! :o)