THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES �

Friday, June 29, 2007

Stubbornness

My husband and I are both stubborn. Now I know where he gets his from, and I've always known where mine comes from.

My dad is scheduled for his surgery on Monday morning. Jack and I found out a couple of days ago that he will get all of his time off for next week, which means that he can watch the campground while I go to my folks' for a few day. I called the parental units to let them know I was coming up on Sunday.

The maternal parental unit says "No, you need to stay there and take care of your business. It can't be without you for that long."

"But Mom, Jack will be here and he...."

"Does he know how to make a bed? Clean a toilet? Mop a floor???"

"Uh, yeah. He probably could show me how to make a bed faster.... Besides, if it were you, and your dad, and you had the opporunity to be there, where would you be??"

Complete silence, followed by a very small, "ok".

Hehehe, her own stubborness, used against her. Dad said that he was glad I was coming up if only to keep my mom distracted. She can be a bit of dramatist at times.

Jack gets his from his parents, too. They're in their mid 70's now, and still very active. They take care of about a 120 acre farm, raise cattle and horses, and go on hunts and trail rides regularly. They left this morning to go on a week long trail ride/wagon train up in the mountains. This evening, we get this call that they had to come off the mountain early because his mother had probably broken her wrist and was on the way to the hospital.

She arrives at the hospital, gets examined, and sure enough, she'd broken the two large bones in her wrist and cracked some of the smaller ones. The ER doctor told her to keep the wrist and hand immobilized and see her regular doctor on Monday for a referral to an orthopedist.

So, you'd think they would head home and take it easy, since she's not supposed to be doing anything with the wrist. Noooooo.... they went back up the mountain. She's going to ride in the wagon for a day, then come back to see the doctor. Stubborn, I say!

0 comments: