THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES �

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Yay for Dreamfields pasta!!

Yayyyy!!!!! A pasta that I can eat without spiking my sugar up!!!! :o)

Dreamfields has managed to make spaghetti, lasagna noodles, rotini, and penne pastas that have a lower glycemic index value than regular pasta. The box claims that it's glycemic index is 65% lower than regular pasta, it has twice the fiber, and only 5 grams of digestable carbs per serving, and their servings aren't all that small. You can find their products at Kroger's, but not WalMart. I have no clue about Meijers since I don't live anywhere near one anymore.

I don't know how they do it. I don't want to know. If anybody know of anything bad about this stuff, please don't tell me just yet. I can eat this pasta and my sugar does not spike at all, unless I pour a lot of tomato sauce on it.

I've been fixing the rotini noodles with fresh zuccini, squash, cauliflower, and broccoli lightly grilled or sauted in extra virgin olive oil, then sprinkle it all with some parmasan cheese and another great find - McCormick's Salt Free Garlic & Herb seasoning.... mmmmmm

Heaven.... I'm in heaven..... :oD

4 comments:

1dreamr said...

Sounds great! I bought some wheat pasta today; I actually like it better than the regular.

And speaking of seasoning - if you haven't tried these http://www.mccormick.com/content.cfm?id=7068
DO! They are SO flavorful!! Yum Yum Yum!

Lori said...

Those do sound wonderful! I've seen them in the grocery, just never think to pick them up. I'll have to give them a shot since they're for more than just pepper.

Ruth said...

Can you get the Dreamfield pasta at the 'regular' grocery? I don't think I've seen this brand before... hmmmm....

Lori said...

Mom says that you can pick up Dreamfields pasta at Kroger's. It's in a black and blue box with the name "Dreamfields" on it in a gold arch.

I have a hard time finding it around here, but one of the smaller grocery stores does have some of it, so I'm using rigatoni for a lot of dishes. When I come up for Dad's surgery next week, I'm going to stock up on it and bring a bunch back with me.