The afghan, not the baby. I'm not sure I could handle starting a family at this point in life. I'm too used to being able to do what we want to, when we want to. We have grandbaby Jenna to spoil, so we get our baby fix whenever we want it. :o)
Jack says I have way more patience than he does. I'm doing this afghan to replace one that I'd already finished and destroyed for a girl at church. The first one was a yellow and white octagonal baby afghan. When I washed it, some of the threads in the center worked loose and it sort of disintegrated from the center out. Not good. Not fixable, either.
So.... I'm making another one. This one will be mint green and white to follow her colors better. With this pattern, you attach the squares as you work, so there isn't a whole lot of finish work to do once you get done with the squares. I'll probably have enough of it to get a recognizable pattern before too much longer.
Anyway, that's what I'm up to. When I finish this one, there's two sisters at church who are both pregnant, too, and I don't think either of them has anybody in their family that makes stuff like this either, so I might as well buy a bunch of baby yarn and get settled in, huh? :o)
Oh, BTW, hi Ann! Congrats to Jess for graduating!


0 comments:
Post a Comment