THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES �

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Just how big is a Yorkie, anyway?

Dad is doing much, much, MUCH better


He's showing signs of improvement almost every hour it seems. He's still got a long way to go to recovery, but things are looking a little bit better every day. The doctors said that 2 weeks without infection is the magic number. 1 week almost all the way down, a little over another week to go. We're almost halfway there! :o)


Mom and I toured some rehab places on Friday and picked a couple that we thought he'd be comfy in. Dad chose from those and will be going to a place that will let the little Yorkie visit and let Dad pick his own meals from what is available. When he gets a little more mobile, Mom can go get him and take him out to eat, or visiting, or whatever. He'll spend 2-3 weeks there, and when he comes home, he should be able to maneuver around really well and take care of most of his own stuff without a lot of help.


Jack came in on Friday and will stay until Dad is moved to the rehab center. Then we'll both go home for a bit. Mom & Dad's little dog, Sam, decided he was going to sleep with us the first night Jack was in. Sam is a Yorkie, and you'd think he wouldn't take up much room in the bed, right? Shows how much I think... that little dog managed to have both of us clinging to the sides of the bed to keep from falling off. I don't know how, but a dog that is only 9" or so tall at the shoulder still managed to take up most of a sofa bed all by himself. I think Mom & Dad should have named him "Stretch" or something. :o)

3 comments:

1dreamr said...

Sounds like things are going really well, and your dad looks great in that pic. :-)

Funny about Sam taking up so much space. This morning, I woke up - in my queen sized bed - quished in one little spot with a cat smooshed against my right side and a dog cuddling up to my left side. I couldn't MOVE! :-)

Ruth said...

YYYAAAYYY!!! Such wonderful news! I am so glad, so relieved to hear he's doing so much better... but I'm still praying!!

It sounds like you'll still be in the area for a bit. Hopefully we can make it over while you're still here. I'll email tomorrow!

Crunchy said...

AMEN! I am so glad he's doing better. Still praying here.
Small animals and large beds......yeah, I know a few that do the same thing. I remember Sam. Your parents have the BEST luck with critters!
Tell your Mom and Dad howdy from the wild west and hug Ruth for me when you see her!