I went to the doctor yesterday to feed the vampires. I've been taking Actos for 8 weeks and Lipitor for 4. She'll compare the numbers from yesterday's bloodwork with the numbers from 2 months ago for signs of improvement. Using the sugar meter at home, I've watched my morning glucose numbers slide down the scale slow and steady, so she isn't making any changes in the meds just yet. The numbers are not where they need to be yet, but they're a lot closer than they were 2 months ago. Yayyy!!!!
The timing of the doctor visit couldn't have come any better, either. I'm dealing with my fall sinus infection, and this one hit fast. I was fine Sunday. By Tuesday night, I couldn't stand to lay down to sleep. I've spent the last 3 nights in the recliner. The doctor took one look at my throat and said "Man, that looks like raw hamburger...." Oh, gee, thanks for the encouragement there.... I left her office with Rx's for antibiotics, Clarinex, and a nasal inhaler. Yummy. I really, really, really dislike sinus infections. :o(
On the plus side, when I can stay awake, I'm getting some stuff done around the house. Wednesday, I finished up the spaghetti sauce project - canned another 11 quarts of sauce and a quart and a pint of tomato juice. It was either get up off my behind and do something with the tomatoes, or throw 2 five-gallon buckets of rotten tomatoes into the woods.
I can't stand to throw that much of anything away. I would work a little bit, rest a little bit, work a little bit, rest a little bit... until I had all of the tomatoes peeled and pulped. Penny had helped me with one of the buckets one evening while they were here and all of the tomatoes from that evening's work were in storage bags in the fridge, so I just had the last bucket to process. Once they were in the stockpot, I didn't have anything to do but stir it every now and then for 4 hours. Nap time! :o)
Once the sauce was done, filling the jars and loading the canner was easy. There is something very satisfying about hearing the "Plink!" of a jar that you've just processed sealing. We heard quite a few of them after we went to bed Wednesday night.
Yesterday I spent quite a bit of time on the latest baby afghan. This is the last baby afghan for a while. We're running out of new mothers at church. I found the pattern at Caron's Simply Soft website (the picture is from there, too. I'm not that far along on mine). I really love this yarn! It's another plaid, but it's done differently than the last one I did.
Friday, September 28, 2007
Bleah...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hope you feel better. Take care of yourself!!!!!
Post a Comment