I'm figuring out that when I misbehave too much dietarily, I pay for it later. I started avoiding junk food awhile back. You know the type, chips, snack cakes, greasy stuff.
Today I had a pretty healthy sandwich for lunch (you should try portabello mushrooms, onions, & peppers sauteed in some olive oil with a dash of balsamic vinegar on toasted whole wheat... mmmmm!!!!!) and some Fritos. OK, I admit, more than some Fritos. A small mountain of Fritos. Not too long after that, I didn't feel so good.
This isn't the first time it's happened, either. Eventually, I'll learn and just avoid stuff I shouldn't eat. I'm kind of glad my body is with me on the dietary efforts. Remembering how miserable I was this afternoon may help me to keep from falling off the culinary wagon again for awhile. :o)
I've done pretty well at avoiding caffeine. I used to drink anywhere from 4 to 8 Diet Mt. Dews a day. I'm down to none to 2, drinking more water, herbal teas, and these wonderful things from the convenience stores called Fuze, the Slenderize versions. They're low-carb and taste great!
Update on the blood-sugar numbers - they're coming down, a little bit at a time. :o)
Dad News
Dad goes to pick up his prosthetic leg Tuesday. The steps last Friday were a fitting. Tomorrow, it's for real and he brings it home. Mom & Dad went to the Tick Farm over the weekend with their camper. Mom's getting pretty good at pulling the camper with their truck. I think she may be qualified to drive a semi now. I talked to my sister and found out that Dad drove home. He told her that it felt really good, too. Yayyyy Dad!
Monday, September 17, 2007
I should listen to my body...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment