I finished and delivered Baby Afghan #3 a couple of weeks ago. I'm just now getting around to downloading the pictures, though. For some reason, Blogger wouldn't take the picture of the entire afghan. It turned out kind of big. I guess the kid will use it for quite some time.
I had a hard time finding a pattern that spoke to me on this one. The baby's nursery is being done in planes, trains, and automobiles, all in bright colors. I found a worsted weight acrylic rainbow varigated yarn. It's kind of rough feeling, so I didn't want to make the whole thing out of it. I made a white center out of the Caron Simply Soft, then added and edging of bubbles 5" wide all the way around it. The outcome was a bright, cheerful blanket.
Once again, I waited until last minute to wrap the rascal. I used more tissue paper to wrap in, and took what little bit of yarn I had left and chained it all together with a huge hook to make the ribbon. I think I'm starting to like this wrapping method, though. It's definately not something you just grab off the shelf at Dollar Store!

The parents of the baby this is for are both just thrilled with it. Or so they said. I had fun with the colors. One more afghan to finish - it's almost done. It looks like I'll get this one completed well before the baby shower, but I'll probably wrap in tissue paper and yarn again.


0 comments:
Post a Comment